Friday, October 1, 2010

Episode 2



This week we got caught up on the past 2 week's worth of rambling due to a trip to Saskatoon (the bride was lovely, the groom was short...but rather handsome and good-natured) as well as a bad head cold.

I talked about yarn shopping in Saskatoon, specifically at Prairie Lily Knitting & Needlework.

Finished Objects:
- Willow by Janine Le Cras , Pair #1 from Super Sock Scarefest KAL
- Redrum by Jenny Lee, Pair #2 from Super Sock Scarefest KAL

Still working on 'em:
- September Mock (aka Black Tie, Optional by Adrienne Fong), Sock Knitter's Anonymous KAL

I have the new Interweave Knits Weekend! I ramble on, somewhat coherently, about the patterns inside. My final verdict? Flip through it at your LYS or Grocery/pharmacy and see if you think it's worth the money. The cover sweater and the gloves are cute. The rest are really a matter of whether it's to your taste. Not a lot of "classic" designs, but lots of originality.

I rave on about the new Knitty Deep Fall. There are socks. And hats. And pretty sweaters. And an Electra Townie bicycle. You really ought to ride more. The upright bikes are really comfy and you can wear pretty clothing while you ride. Take back the road! (yes, I was dead wrong about the spelling of Electra. Oh well. Can't win all the time)

I give a shoutout to Tanis Fiber Arts for having awesome Blue Label Fingering weight Merino yarn. I made my Dad's Yule present from them last year, and the yarn was a joy to work with. I have another ball of the Green Label Aran that is destined to be a cheery hat for the dead of winter (even if I can't remember the name of the pattern).


Finally, a small apology for the rambling nature of this hour's worth of gibbering. Hopefully, as we go on, I'll get back in the groove. And will hopefully find the perfect intro and outro music. Whee! Isn't technology grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment