Friday, October 29, 2010

Episode 6: Wrapping up Socktoberfest

Wrapping up Socktoberfest


This week we take a look into the world of Socks, and a couple of good resources on how to get started. I'm hoping to get into a series of essentials one should be able to find out to make learning that particular knitted project just a little bit easier.

spud.ca update: Still no delivery. The end of the delivery window is 9pm, so there was nothing here for the time of the podcast. Maybe next week :(


Mixed Media Week in Review:

Books: Nothing new. Spilled some Bpal on my Elizabeth Zimmermann Knitter's Almanac, though...

Audio: Still getting caught up on podcasts

Video: Watched Being Human, a DVD from the BBC. We recommend it!

Gaming: Oh, don't get me started. I'm ticked off at the whole "pre-order" system this week.


On/Off/Near the Needles:

- Hermione's Everyday Sock is off the needles! Pictures soon enough, we're in the process of blocking.

- February Lady Sweater: No new progress. But that means nothing horrific has happened, yay!

- Black Tie Optional (Sept. Mock) is back on the needles, at least temporarily as I fix the whole "how long is long enough" issue.

- Traveler's Stocking by Nancy Bush: Hoping to cast on soon!


Sock Knitting:

I mention the following sock knitting resources:
- Sensational Knitted Socks by Charlene Schurch
- Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush
- Favorite Socks (25 Timeless Designs by Interweave)
- Socks from the Toe Up by Wendy Johnson
- Sock Innovation by Cookie A.


I talk briefly about seasonal videos to watch on the lead-up to Hallowe'en, or while you're waiting for the trick-or-treaters

- Donnie Darko (I actually recommend the original, not necessarily the Director's Cut)


Shoutouts:

Harmonix for making compelling games
My husbeast, Robin for being generally awesome.
My cat. For being a cat. You can't get much simpler than that.

No comments:

Post a Comment