Friday, November 19, 2010

Episode 9: New Hats and Party Dresses



This week was busy, what with wonky work schedules and inclement weather.

We went to the mall and picked out a couple of new hats from Chapel. The Husbeast got a bowler, and I picked out a sexy new top hat! I also managed to find a party dress at Addition-Elle for my company Xmas party. I may be able to post pictures after the event :)

Our order from Spud.ca was...um...mixed up. This has since been fixed, and not in the 3 hours that was estimated. Hooray! Awesome customer service continues from this company. And the free-range eggs, though expensive enough to be a "treat" look delicious.

I do a kind of introduction/review of the current issues of:
- Knitting Today
- Creative Knitting
I also mention Interweave Knits very briefly.

I spent most of my time bewildered and confused by not only the whole spud drama, but also a very talkative cat who was trying to cause as much trouble as possible.

This episode was recorded approximately 6 times to varying degrees of "done" before it was finally put in the can. What you get is...well...what you get ;)

Nothing is off the needles. No progress on The Sweater, the stocking, and two out of three socks. The socks for Robin are past the heel and on the way to the toe. The gusset has just been finished.

This week's shoutout goes to welovecolours.com for making plus-size tights. Thanks, Lisa, for pointing out the company to me (prompted by a post on my personal blog, inkyblack.net)

Song at the end is "Avada Kedavra" by Steve Goodie & Nuclear Bubblewrap. Check them out at The Fump. There's also an animated video on Youtube. No, really. Happy Harry Potter movie day.

(I'm also blaming some of the bewilderment on Susan Powter, though I don't mention her in the podcast. Why? Because I found her on blip.tv. If you remember her from the 90's, she was a rather manic infomercial personality who felt very passionate about fitness, low-fat, and stopping the insanity. If you ever want to watch an entirely different form of Theatre of the Absurd, check it out. I may not subscribe to her low-fat leanings, but I can appreciate her passion for what she does. I found it just before I went to podcast, and I've been a little stunned ever since. Her videos are a somewhat surreal experience.)

No comments:

Post a Comment